The section of the artwork by Gary Pullin that we showed you yesterday is from none other than the forthcoming UK Blu-Ray release of Night of the Comet distributed by Arrow Films.
The Blu-Ray is scheduled for release on 22 September 2014, and the UK release features a couple of extras that were not on the Scream Factory USA release. Full specs are listed below.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements by MGM
- Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with writer/director Thom Eberhardt
- Audio commentary with stars Kelli Maroney and Catherine Mary Stewart
- Audio commentary with production designer John Muto
- Valley Girls at the End of the World – Interviews with Kelli Maroney and Catherine Mary Stewart
- The Last Man on Earth? – An interview with actor Robert Beltran
- End of the World Blues – A brand new interview with Star Mary Woronov (not on USA release)
- Curse of the Comet – An Interview with special make-up effects creator David B. Miller
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by James Oliver illustrated with original archive stills and posters (not on USA release)
- Region: B/2
You can pre-order direct from Arrow Films (£15.99).